This workshop is for exploitation engineers working with mature water, polymer, or miscible floods who want to gain an understanding of how streamlines and our studioSL software can help. In today's economic climate of limited capital budgets, there are numerous opportunities to optimize ongoing IOR/EOR floods by applying basic reservoir engineering surveillance work steps. But to do this, engineers need the correct diagnostics, which is where streamlines and studioSL can make an important difference. This workshop will cover:
- Using studioSL for reservoir surveillance.
- Basics of streamline simulation.
- Building a surveillance model from production data.
- Surveillance diagnostics including; patterns, allocation factors, and conformance plots.
- Applying material balance to dynamic patterns to generate ROIP maps.
- Setting rate targets for improved sweep and reduced fluid cycling.
- Applying studioSL workflows to your data set.
This workshop follows the SPE WRM to be held in Bakersfield, April 23-27th, 2017.
Location: Bakersfield, CA, Hotel TBA
1:00PM to 5:00PM, April 27th
8:00AM to 12:00PM, April 28th
Participants must bring a laptop so that we can install our demo software and work through example datasets with.
The total number of attendees is limited, with a maximum of two participants per company. Priority is given to existing Streamsim customers. University students are welcome but will be accommodated only if space remains. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot.