- Wen,T., Thiele, M.R., Ciaurri, D.E, Aziz, K. and Ye, Y.: "Reservoir Management Using Two-Stage Optimization with Streamline Simulation" ECMOR XIII, Biarritz, France, 10-13 September, 2012.
- Streamline Simulation, SPE Getting Up To Speed Series, Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2011.
- Zhu,Z., Thiele, M.R., and Gerritsen, M.G.: "Thermal Streamline Simulation: Steam Floods," SPE Reservoir Simulation Symposium, 21-23 February 2011, The Woodlands, Texas, USA.
- Clemens, T., Abdev, J., and Thiele, M.R.: "Improved Polymer-Flood Management Using Streamlines," SPE Reservoir Evaluation & Engineering, Vol 14, No 2, Apr 2011, pp. 171-181
- Fenwick, D.H. and Batycky, R.P.,: "Using Metric Space Methods to Analyse Reservoir Uncertainty", proceedings of the 2011 Gussow Conference, Banff, Alberta, Canada. (PDF)
- Thiele, M.R.., Batycky, R.P., and Fenwick, D.H.: "Streamline Simulation for Modern Reservoir-Engineering Workflows," Journal Petroleum Technology, Vol 62, No 1, Jan 2010, pp. 64-70. (PDF: 570 KB)
- Beraldo, V.T., Blunt, M.J., and Schiozer, D.J.: "Compressible Streamline-Based Simulation With Changes in Oil Composition," SPE Reservoir Evaluation & Engineering, Vol 12, No 6, Dec 2009, pp. 963-973.
- Batycky, R.P., Foerster, M., Thiele, M.R., and Stueben, K.: "Parallelization of a Commercial Streamline Simulator and Performance on Practical Models," SPE 118684 presented at the SPE Reservoir Simulation Symposium, Houston, TX, 2-4 February 2009.
- Zhu, Z., Gerritsen, M.G., and Thiele, M.R.: "Thermal Streamline Simulation for Hot Water Flooding," SPE 119200 presented at the SPE Reservoir Simulation Symposium, Houston, TX, 2-4 February 2009.
- Thiele, M.R., Batycky, R.P., Poellitzer, S., and Clemens, T.:"Polymer Flood Modeling Using Streamlines," SPE 115545 presented at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, 21-24 September 2008, Denver, Colorado, USA.
- Loef, H., Gerritsen, M.G., Thiele, M.R.:"Parallel Streamline Simulation," SPE 113543 presented at the Europec/EAGE Conference and Exhibition, 9-12 June 2008 2008, Rome, Italy.
- Batycky, R.P., Thiele, M.R., Baker, R.O., Chugh S. H.: "Revisiting Reservoir Flood-Surveillance Methods Using Streamlines," SPEREE April 2008, Vol 11, No 2, pp 387-394 (SPE95402-PA).
Thiele, M.R., Fenwick, D.H, and Batycky, R.P.: "Streamline-Assisted History Matching
," keynote address presented at the 9th International Forum on Reservoir Simulation, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Dec. 9th-13th, 2007. (PDF: 9MB)
- Batycky, R.P, Seto, A. C., and Fenwick D.H.; "Assisted History Matching of a 1.4Million-Cell Simulation Model for Judy Creek 'A' Pool Waterflood/HCMF Using a Streamline-based workflow." SPE108701 in proceedings of the 2007 SPE ATCE, Anaheim, CA, 11-14 Nov. 2007.
- Thiele, M.R. and Batycky, R.P.; "Using Streamline-Derived Injection Efficiencies for Improved Waterflood Management," SPEREE April 2006, Vol 9, No 2, pp187-196 (SPE84080-PA).
2005 and earlier
- Fenwick, D.H., Thiele, M.R., Ahmed Hussain, M.H., Humam, F., Caers, J. "Reconciling Prior Geologic Information with Production Data Using Streamlines: Application to a Giant Middle-Eastern Oil Field," SPE 95940 in proceedings of the 2005 SPE annual technical conference and exhibition, Dallas, TX, 9-12 October, 2005.
- Thiele, M.R.: "Streamline Simulation,"keynote address presented at the 2005 Forum on Reservoir Simulation, Stresa, Germany. (PDF: 5MB)
- McKishnie, R.A. et al.; "Streamline Technology for the Evaluation of Full Field Compositional Processes; Midale, A Case Study," SPE89363 in proceedings of 2004 SPE/DOE 14th Symposium on Improved Oil Recovery, Tulsa, OK, 17-21 April.
- Thiele, M.R.: "Streamline Simulation,"keynote address presented at the 2003 Forum on Reservoir Simulation, Baden-Baden, Germany. (PDF: 4MB)
- Thiele, M.R., Batycky, R.P., and Thomas, L.K.: "Miscible WAG Simulations Using Streamlines," paper presented at the 8th European Conference on the Mathematics of Oil Recovery (ECMOR), Freiberg, Germany, 3-6 September, 2002. (PDF: 567 KB)
- Baker R.O., Kuppe, S., Chugh, S., Bora, R., Stojanovic, S., and Batycky, R.;"Full-Field Modeling Using Streamline-Based Simulation: Four Case Studies", SPE Reservoir Evaluation & Engineering, April 2002, Vol.5, No. 2. (orginally SPEpaper 66405 in proceedings of the 2001 Reservoir Simulation Symposium, Houston, TX)
- Thiele, M.R.: "Streamline Simulation,"keynote address presented at the 2001 Forum on Reservoir Simulation, Schloss Fuschl, Austria. (PDF: 2.18 MB)
- Baker R.O: "Streamline Technology: Reservoir History Matching and Forecasting = Its Success, Limitations, and Future," Distinguished Author Series, Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, April 2001, Vol.40, No. 4, 23-27. (PDF: 109 KB)
- Wang, Y., and Kovscek, A. R.; "A Streamline Approach for History Matching Production Data," SPE 59370, in proceedings of the 2000 SPE/DOE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium, Tulsa, OK, 3-5 April 2000
- Wang, Y., Kovscek, A. R. , and Brigham, W.E.; "Effect of Mobility Ratio on Pattern Behavior of a Homogeneous Porous Medium," In Situ (1999) 23, No. 1, 1-20.
- Crane, M.J. and Blunt, M.J.:"Streamline-based simulation of solute transport," Water Resources Research (1999) 35(10) 3061-3078.
- Emanuel, A.S. and Milliken, W.J.:"History Matching Finite-Difference Models with 3D Streamlines," SPE 49000 presented at ATCE in New Orleans, LA, 27-30 September, 1998.
- Batycky, R.P., Thiele, M.R., and Blunt, M.J.; "A Streamline-Based Reservoir Simulation of the House Mountain Waterflood," Stanford Center for Reservoir Forecasting (SCRF) Annual Report, Stanford U., 1997. (PDF: 151 KB)
- Ehlig-Economides, C.A. and Spath, J.; "Waterflood Infill Well Pattern Strategies for Horizontal and Multibranch Wells," SPE 35209, in proceedings of the 1996 SPE Permian Basin Oil Recovery Conference, Midland, Texas, 27-29 March.
- Thiele, M.R., Srinivas, E.R., and Blunt, M.J.; "Quantifying Uncertainty in Reservoir Performance Using Streamtubes," Mathematical Geology (1996) 28, No. 7, 843.
- Thiele, M.R, Batycky, P.R., Iding, M., and Blunt, M.J.: "Extension of Streamline-Based Dual Porosity Flow Simulation to Realistic Geology," paper in proceedings of the 2004 ECMOR conference, Cannes, France, Aug.30-Sept.2, 2004. (PDF: 788 KB)
- DiDonato, G., Huang, W., and Blunt, M.; "Streamline-Based Dual Porosity Simulation of Fractured Reservoirs," SPE84036, in proceedings of 2003 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Denver, Co, 5-8 October.
- Gautier, Y., Blunt, M.J., and Christie, M.A.:"Nested Gridding and Streamline-Based Simulation for Fast Reservoir Performance Prediction," Computational Geosciences (1999) 295-320.
- Batycky,R.P., Blunt, M.J., and Thiele, M.R.; "A 3D Field-Scale Streamline Based Reservoir Simulator," SPERE Nov. 1997, No. 4 (SPE36726-PA).
- Batycky, R.P.; "A Three-Dimensional Two-Phase Field Scale Streamline Simulator," PhD Thesis, Stanford University (January 1997). (PDF: 3.41 MB)
- Thiele, M.R., Batycky, R.P., and Blunt, M.J.; "A Streamline-Based 3D Field Scale Compositional Reservoir Simulator," SPE 38889, in proceedings of the 1997 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, San Antonio, Texas, 5-8 October.
- Blunt, M.J., Liu, K., and Thiele, M.R.; "A Generalized Streamline Method to Predict Reservoir Flow," Petroleum Geosciences (1996) 2, 259-269.
- Thiele, M.R., Batycky, R.P., Blunt, M.J., and Orr, F.M. Jr.; "Simulating Flow in Heterogeneous Media Using Streamtubes and Streamlines," SPERE (February 1996) 5.
- Thiele, M.R..; "Modeling Multiphase Flow in Heterogeneous Media Using Streamtubes," PhD Thesis, Stanford University (December 1994). (PDF: 2.58 MB)